POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: omniVERSE
Date: 21 Nov 1999 20:59:24
Message: <3838a37c@news.povray.org>
I believe it.  Really seems very much like a stereopair.  I tried this out
with a few photos too using a paper with hole punched out and it obviously
depends on lighting from what I could tell, a dark low contrast picture
still looks 2D so it reasons a raytrace needs to be well lit also.  By that
I mean light/shadow.  Maybe not, but that's my observation of it.  Right
about the external things needing to be occluded as well.
Btw, you've been included in my will now Simon.  Just kidding!  (I don't
have a will)

Bob